I love blueberries and I love to bake, so for awhile I’ve been looking for a blueberry muffins recipe and found this one from Food. The batter is thick and a pleasure to work with.
- Serving 12-18
- Units US
- 1⁄2cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2cups fresh blueberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.