Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m not a chocolate person, but I do love chocolate chip cookies (crazy, right?). So, for a long time, I’ve been wanting to make these, finally the time had arrived. This recipe it is super easy to make and I can’t wait to make it again.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Sift the flour and baking soda into a medium bowl. Stir in the salt.
3. Beat half the butter on medium speed until fairly smooth. Add both sugars and the remaining butter, and beat until well combined, then beat for a few minutes, until the mixture is light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until the first one is incorporated before adding the next. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed to combine. Mix in the chocolate.
4. Fold the dough with a spatula to be sure that the chocolate is evenly incorporated. The dough or shaped cookies can be refrigerated, well wrapped, for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 2 weeks. Freeze shaped cookies on the baking sheets until firm, then transfer to freezer containers. (Defrost frozen cookies overnight in the refrigerator before baking.)
5. Using about 2 level tablespoons per cookie, shape the dough into balls. Arrange 8 cookies on each pan (it depends how big are your pans), leaving about 2 inches between them, because the dough will spread. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the tops are no longer shiny.
6. Cool the cookies on the pans on cooling racks for about 2 minutes to firm up a bit, then transfer to the racks to cool completely. Repeat to bake the remaining cookies. (Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
PS: My sister ate the majority of the cookies lol.
rosadorocioSeptember 13, 2018 at 4:11 am
Lucky sister!!! The cookies ? looked delicious ?